DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the usual cutting and reducers will this intake be a good deal on my 1g

·
Registered
838 Posts
Anything will fit if you cut it enough :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the 95-99 eclipse intimidator intake to fit on my car, so that should fit if you can position it right.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up buying this one on ebay for 28$

·
Registered
612 Posts
niiiiice... if you can get it to fit as it I would try and do that... TYPICALLY with AEM, Injen, other maufacturers.. they try and match the length of the intake to it's piping diameter to allow for the best flow capacity... but... good deal.. definitely beats the 130$ im gonna spend on my AEM short ram..

-Aaron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just remember that in the 1G's you need to keep the MAS air sensor attached otherwise your car will die at idle. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats the one problem i have is trying to figure out how to work that but i just decided to keep the stock air can with my k&n and cut it

·
Registered
838 Posts
It won't just die at idle if you toss the MAF, it'll get alot less power and usually they won't rev over 4 or 5,000 rpm either.
It's the same as unplugging it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
So how would you be alble to keep the mas and put an intake in the car. I want to get an intake to but i dont cuz of that mas thing.

·
Registered
838 Posts
well... you can do a few things

1. keep the maf on there and take the top of the aircan off... just clip the filter right to the maf side of the can. Then you have an open element filter... just like most intake systems come with.

2. If you have too much money laying around ($600 last time I checked) you can get an HKS VPC, and get rid of the MAF totally, and (the VPC replaces it, but the vpc only uses a tube going to the intake near the filter I believe, instead of a big bulky sensor inline like stock). This is more of a joke than an option for a n/t car.

3. You can forget about the whole thing and buy a honda or soemthing with no MAF. :rolleyes: j/k.

·
Registered
612 Posts
3. You can forget about the whole thing and buy ... soemthing with no MAF.
Like a 2g N/T ;)

I guess also with some fancy (and perhaps un-neccesary work due to the restrictiveness of the MAF) you could replace the piping TO the MAS and find some way of using a reducer to hook up to the MAS, then something to clamp the filter to, on the other side of the MAS.

-Aaron

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
destrux said:
well... you can do a few things

1. keep the maf on there and take the top of the aircan off... just clip the filter right to the maf side of the can. Then you have an open element filter... just like most intake systems come with.

2. If you have too much money laying around ($600 last time I checked) you can get an HKS VPC, and get rid of the MAF totally, and (the VPC replaces it, but the vpc only uses a tube going to the intake near the filter I believe, instead of a big bulky sensor inline like stock). This is more of a joke than an option for a n/t car.

3. You can forget about the whole thing and buy a honda or soemthing with no MAF. :rolleyes: j/k.
the vpc is designed to work with the turbo cars and doesn't have a chip for it for anything less than 550cc injector's which would totally swamp your nt. and its more like 800 without the gcc or an s-afc to really tune it with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those APC integra intake pipes at Pep Boys fit where the rubber piping is. The angle is the same and everything. It comes with one sillicone end that can fit the mas inlet on the pipe but u may either have to buy another sillicone end or cut the stock piping u have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts