DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my timing belt decided to jump a couple of teeth... Not sure of the damage it caused, if any... My mechanic is readjusting the timing and is replacing the timing belt... But he mentioned that I probably bent my valves and possibly fucked up the camshafts... He is doing that stuff tomorrow and is going to try and start the car, if it starts he says I didn't damage anything... If it doesn't, goodbye valves and a couple more stuff and hello head rebuild... I was looking through the classifieds and saw this 1g racing head and was wondering if this would work on my current setup.

What I will probably buy.
1G Performance Head
3G Lifters
Crower Titanium Springs and retainers
Comp Cams
Blingdenza adjustable cam gears
Brand New stock Mits valves (3 way grind)
Head was just decked Perfect shape!!(Uber Mint!!)

What I have
6 bolt( stock rebuild .20 over with arp rod bolts, ~500 miles on it, 2g ported and heat coated exhaust manifold, evo3 16g turbo, rc 550cc injectors, 255 walbro hardwired, 2g maf, hard upper and lower intercooler piping, tubular vented o2 housing, fuel lab fpr, magnecore wireset, polished valve cover, new starter, new iacv and tps)rebuilt tranny( ~10 miles on it, rebuilt at performance transmissions in santee) abs removed and power steering converted to manual rack fom 1.8. 2 piston front brakes, and of course 4 bolt rear.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I'm an idiot and my car shut off yesterday and I pushed to my house, I had a mechanic come over and see what was wrong with it and told me what was wrong with it and said he would charge me 30 bucks to adjust the timing and replace the timing belt... But is this a good head? or is it a waste of money and overkill for my setup..

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think its smart if you plan on upgrading bigger later on. Comp cams are really over priced though. I'd say if you have the money go for it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I plan on staying on the 16g setup for a good while... All I needed was a safc... The setup is like 925+shipping, if its overkill on my setup I won't buy it, I'd just buy a stock head and be done with it, I just want to get the dsm up and running. Keep your opinions coming.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hmmm..This is hard now, because if you plan to go bigger its done or you could save your money buy a stocker head for now and get dsm link which would be a great addition- a well tuned car is a happy car.-

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah firgure 200 for a nice stock head, and 550ish for dsmlink and you'd still have atleast 200 bucks left over.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I called a friend that was going to swap a 1g head in his 2g and he will sell it to me for 100 bucks.... So I guess I'll do that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.