DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got all the supporting mods. I just picked up a FP3065.
Problem is, I just put the new 6 bolt motor together. I never thought I'd want to go with this much HP, but what the hell, the turbo was there, and I have almost everything else I need.

6 bolt build, standard no BS, etc..
1G big rods, w/arp's installed, resized, peened
Mahle pistons, 8.5:1
All the supporting mods on the car to get there.

You think this thing, with proper tuning, will live for more than a handful of passes on some decent boost and race gas (525whp or so?)

I'm confident that it will live fine on pump gas levels of 400ish awhp 22 some psi of boost. But I know once I feel upwards of 28psi on this turbo, I'll be tempted to run it at the track more than once :)

Lemme know what you think. It isn't feasable for me to tear the thing down right now, maybe in the future if I go with a ported head I'll swap in some eagles.

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
220 Posts
the only thing i would be worried about are the 1g big rods. they are rated for around 400 whp. you also have to make sure the top end will hold up. stronger springs, titanium retainers, etc... but what the hell, go for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
the top end will be fine as long as you don't rev it over 8K RPMs. i hope your "supporting mods" are complete though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
livnthedream said:
the only thing i would be worried about are the 1g big rods. they are rated for around 400 whp. you also have to make sure the top end will hold up. stronger springs, titanium retainers, etc... but what the hell, go for it!
I've seen 400whp on a 7 bolt with weaker rods, so I don't think 400ish is going to be an issue. Of course, if it has a bad tune, bad gas, or just plain retarded driver, nothing is going to hold up to detonation.

The supporting mods are there, I just don't feel like typing them all out lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
livnthedream said:
the only thing i would be worried about are the 1g big rods. they are rated for around 400 whp.
I thought i had read that they they were good to a limit of 500 whp. they should be fine with a good tune at 400 whp, right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cracker Red said:
I've seen 400whp on a 7 bolt with weaker rods, so I don't think 400ish is going to be an issue. Of course, if it has a bad tune, bad gas, or just plain retarded driver, nothing is going to hold up to detonation.

The supporting mods are there, I just don't feel like typing them all out lol.
I've personally seen a 2g stock engine handle 450+ whp. It's all in the tune, the 1g rods will handle a lot as long as their is no detonation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts