DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a JVC stereo and bought the harness from best buy with it, but i cant find where to hook them up, i cant use the stock stereo wires because the guy i bought the car from fucked them all up. please tell me or show me pictures of how to put the harness in!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Please read rule #7. This will help your stay here go smoother. When you say the previous guy messed up the wiring. What exactly do you mean? Can you trace each wire to where the original color is? Example: if he just used regular black wiring, can you trace each black wire to where it connects to the factory wiring? And possibly go by color coding there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the guy i bought the car from, he cut all the factory wiring harness off and left the wires all over. i pulled out the crappy radio that was in there, it was like $20 and didnt work, and when i did, it took out my dash lights, all of them, so while i was driving at night i couldnt see my speed. all of the wires are cut and i have been finding some that are speakers but i did find the dash lights and connected it but now they are on at all times when the key is in. i connected it to the ignition wire which runs to the stereo. what wire do i connect the dash lights to only make it turn on when the lights turn on???

·
Premium Member
9,818 Posts
justinthelen said:
well the guy i bought the car from, he cut all the factory wiring harness off and left the wires all over. i pulled out the crappy radio that was in there, it was like $20 and didnt work, and when i did, it took out my dash lights, all of them, so while i was driving at night i couldnt see my speed. all of the wires are cut and i have been finding some that are speakers but i did find the dash lights and connected it but now they are on at all times when the key is in. i connected it to the ignition wire which runs to the stereo. what wire do i connect the dash lights to only make it turn on when the lights turn on???
You're post looks fine but you need to start using your shift key and capitalize when necessary. That was the help the guy was saying regarding posting following rule 7. You need to read our rules of the forums and follow them. This will be your last warning regarding this matter.

If you need to find the rules, you can click the red link in my sig and you will be taken to them.

Good luck with your problem with the stereo.

·
Banned
244 Posts
If any of your illumination/dimmer wires were exposed to metal it blew your fuse. Cap all of your wires or at least tape them up, and check all your fuses most likely at least one or two of them will be blown. Be ready with the nec. tools to get your new radio installed including a digital multimeter.

This may be posted somewhere but wire colors for power are as followed, always test to double check.

12V - Red/Black
ACC - Blue
Illumination - Green/White
Dimmer - Black/White
Power Ant - White/Black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.