DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have to ask you guys a stupid question. I know some of you guys have massive amounts of 12v goodies hooked up in your cars. What i ask is, where do you find all the power sources for these things. I have a video screen, dvd player, and tachometer hooked up and it was a strain to find switched 12v power. I would just run it directly from the battery off a distribution block but i dont want everything to stay on after i shut the car off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Relays my friend, Use Alot of relays Then you will have no problem having a positive switch power sorce.

I have a shit load of gadgets in my 2G and am using about 11 relays.

I'm sure you know this but everything is fused right ?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I dont have a whole lot of crap yet just my light in my headliner and some other interior lights but Im planning on having alot of crap. I just ran 1 constant power source from my battery to a single relay then to a distribution block. The relay I hooked up to trigger off my ACC wire on my radio so it turns the relay on when the key is at either on or accesory and voila I have power.. It just seems easier to me to do it like that because all my wiring goes to my distribution block but that doesnt get power unless the key is on..

-Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts