DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on our quest to build an h23 prelude turbo with dsm parts my friend found on his backyard a turbo he pulled from a lebaron a couple months ago... It has these numbers... 2 a/r 42 bcc garrett 2. Will it fit a 1g manifold?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Let me give you some advice. I have built and put together many Honda's. Turbo, all motor, high horsepower, daily drivers, all types. I've done it for years. That is too much motor for a turbo like that. Your not going to gain much horsepower at all, just some torque. To make an efficient setup, you going to need at least a t3/t4 50 trim (which, imo, is still too small). A nice street turbo will be a 57 trim for that motor. Your forgetting how much volmetric efficiency that motor has compared to where that turbo is coming from. In addition, that turbo will run out of gas at the top end of the powerband. You completely wasting your money. Check out honda-tech.com. There are plenty of dynos and information available everywhere.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There are 2 model turbos used on the lebarons and chrysler newyorkers, and dodge daytonas from 84-93.

84-87 is the Turbo 1 model which uses a 50trim garret chrysler housing.
87-93 is the Turbo 2 model which uses a mitsubishi turbo.

I own a 87 Newyorker with the turbo 1 setup. Here is a place to call and see if the mitsu turbo on the 87-93 will fit a mitsubishi manifold.

http://www.turbosunleashed.com/index.htm

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also the link for Turbos unleashed sells aftermarket wastegates for these turbos so you can run higher psi setting without having to do a external setup. They are preset at 7psi. Since I saw that yours is a garret it will be from the Turbo 1 motor which the turbo is good to 275hp or so. Iam running 14psi on my newyorker with that same turbo and a Turbos Unleashed garret wastegate.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hotimportcrx said:
Let me give you some advice. I have built and put together many Honda's. Turbo, all motor, high horsepower, daily drivers, all types. I've done it for years. That is too much motor for a turbo like that. Your not going to gain much horsepower at all, just some torque. To make an efficient setup, you going to need at least a t3/t4 50 trim (which, imo, is still too small). A nice street turbo will be a 57 trim for that motor. Your forgetting how much volmetric efficiency that motor has compared to where that turbo is coming from. In addition, that turbo will run out of gas at the top end of the powerband. You completely wasting your money. Check out honda-tech.com. There are plenty of dynos and information available everywhere.

Wrong, We are running around 250-300 wheel hp on these turbos and here are the specs.

Garrett model number: TB0335 (T3 series turbo)

Compressor Trim: 50

Compressor housing A/R: .42

Turbine Trim: 69

Turbine housing A/R: .48

Horsepower Capabilities: ~275hp

Internal Wastegate: Yes

Wastegate setting: 7 psi

·
Registered
149 Posts
I never said it wont work, but its waste of time, effort, and money. All your gonna do is sacrifice your reliablity and have a 14 second car. What are you planning on tuning with with? Crome, uberdata? Even then your gonna have to pay 125 for your computer to get chiped and socketed and then have to pay for the tune. Your gonna spend some money on an inefficient setup. IF you want to do it, all the power to you. Imo, i would just save up, get some good parts, and have a nice setup when your done. If you need someone to install it and are in nj, let me know; but im still saying its not worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.