DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious. If you could get the car at a reasonable price, everything works and there is no damage to be found. Runs great, looks great, just has a "flood title".

It's a 91 Eclipse GSX by the way. $2200

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
I would. Just check to make sure that certain things arent rusted or rotted. Check underneith the car, and even inside like where all the shifter linkage is. Just make sure everything looks OK.

·
Registered
475 Posts
make sure the differentials arent filled with water
you might have to flush em

other than that, yeah go for it. as long as the water only got up to about the bottom of the door panel its most likely fine.

·
Registered
486 Posts
A "flood title" is usualy a LOT higher than the floor panels..... there was a 2G in my area like this not to long ago. Damb thing took on so much water that it killed the engine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
get it up on a lift and check the bottom of the car,It may run fine now but down the road shit starts to happen. It happen to me before ran good for a few months,then little things started to break:eek: (1990 v6 dodge daytona)

·
Registered
672 Posts
cspu said:
I'm curious. If you could get the car at a reasonable price, everything works and there is no damage to be found. Runs great, looks great, just has a "flood title".

It's a 91 Eclipse GSX by the way. $2200
I would never buy a car with a flood title or a slavage title for more than $1,000, but that's just me I guess... but like everyone said, check a few things out, make sure to CHANGE ALL of the FLUIDS for sure... should be fine... but, I bet it's gonna smell inside that car if the interior hasn't been changed..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told never to buy a car with a flood title cause the wiring harness could or may one day be fried because of it. But personally i would if its been run a few months or years after the flood

·
Registered
126 Posts
Make sure you check all, and I mean ALL of the electrical systems in the car, including the wiring harness like swrlyhrly said. My car was in a heavy storm with the windows down (my previous car), and a lot of electronics went out... some buttons on the console, etc. Check everything electrical and mechanical. Make sure you check for a lot of rust too, if the car has been sitting there for a while with a flood title, the rust may not be surface rust, it might be worse. But hey, for $2200, you really can't go wrong! Go for it, fix it up and make it fast as hell :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts