DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO this all started I'd say roughly a week ago. Im driving it home and it dies on me, I check my fuel pressure, and spark its good. So i start pushing it down the street. Figure I would give it a chance to start again and vroom gets me home. Come out the next morning and it only cranks. Again fuel pressure is good, fuel pump is turning on, no CEL's, timing belt turns while cranking, all wires are getting spark but will only crank. Late for work I just leave it at my house, come back around 8p.m, try to start it and it starts up immediately, no hesitation. Drive it for two days, and then last night did the same thing will only crank. Any ideas, could it be a bad CAS, I am planning on pulling it and turning it by hand to see if all the injectors click on, but has anyone else had this irratic starting problem. :tat:

* 91 Talon Tsi, e-85, 16g, 1050cc, dsm link, fpr, walbro 255hp and gm maft are the main mods.

·
Honorary Moderator
2,637 Posts
I would need more info.
Do you have a log of it happening?
Do you know if there's a change in afr?

It just dies, or can you keep it running via the gas pedal?

·
Registered
33 Posts
+1 ^

I've had a bad ECU, CAS, and MPI relay all do about this. Find a buddy who has a good running car and swap them out (one at a time), and let us know. A log could be helpful to narrow it down further though. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts