DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to DSMtalk and to the car community in general. don't really have friends who are into cars and tried searching for the name of this wire myself before posting but I couldn't. I think its a vacuum line? if so, can you be more specific ? I'd appreciate anyones help please !
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new to DSMtalk and to the car community in general. don't really have friends who are into cars and tried searching for the name of this wire myself before posting but I couldn't. I think its a vacuum line? if so, can you be more specific ? I'd appreciate anyones help please ! View attachment 34100 View attachment 34100 View attachment 34100 View attachment 34101 View attachment 34101

Thats a plastic vacuum line that connects from a vacuum Tee on the back of the intake manifold to the EGR valve diaphragm. Its 1/8. You won't find it aftermarket. Options are 1. to get one from the salvage yard (which will be about the same age as yours and likely to break down the road)... 2. Finish breaking it then join the broken pieces with a piece of 1/8 rubber line 3. Replace the entire hose with a piece of 1/8 rubber, silicone or polyurethane hose. Just make sure its not touching anything hot like the exhaust manifold which is a few inches to the left of that EGR diapragm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats a plastic vacuum line that connects from a vacuum Tee on the back of the intake manifold to the EGR valve diaphragm. Its 1/8. You won't find it aftermarket. Options are 1. to get one from the salvage yard (which will be about the same age as yours and likely to break down the road)... 2. Finish breaking it then join the broken pieces with a piece of 1/8 rubber 9Apps Showbox line 3. Replace the entire hose with a piece of 1/8 rubber, silicone or polyurethane hose. Just make sure its not touching anything hot like the exhaust manifold which is a few inches to the left of that EGR diapragm.
that's right

1 - 3 of 3 Posts