DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

801 - 820 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #803

·
Registered
610 Posts
Absolutely fantastic!
I love the uncut front bumper. Does the headlight cover hide the ram air setup or do you switch it out with a real headlight for the street?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Love it.

But you've got to be so bored. Auto's I've heard are the most boring thing ever and we only like them because we can't drive ala Bastarddsm. Hahahahaha.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #807
You don't even know! So my forced four shift box fried on me Saturday before the race. So I had to convert the trans back to the ol' kiggly manumatic or as Buschur calls it "a clutchless 4 speed". First pass of the day Sunday, my B&M hammer head shifter decides to snap! The shif knob snapped clean off the shifter itself! But as a real DSMr does, he hangs in there and got it done.

Bored....pssSSHHHHH!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #810
Slight turbo upgrade for the 2015 season. Thanks to ATP Turbo for accepting my sponsorship application, you're looking at a test fit of my GTX4502R turbo. It uses the GTX 42R compressor wheel and a GTX45R turbine wheel, hotside and chra. No test results yet, but I will post up here when it happens.

I also have to thank Holland's Performance for Fabbing up a new top mount. Hoping to see some gains in that department as well.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
But according to Bastarddsm on tuners divided twin scroll setups don't work...:rofl:

But that looks freakin' gorgeous, Ted. Definitely gotta keep us updated on the progress and times. Also is it really a battle tank now that it's got such a gorgeous paint-job? :p

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
But according to Bastarddsm on tuners divided twin scroll setups don't work...:rofl:

But that looks freakin' gorgeous, Ted. Definitely gotta keep us updated on the progress and times. Also is it really a battle tank now that it's got such a gorgeous paint-job? :p
Well, I beg to differ on the functionality of a twin scroll setup.

Thanks, its not exactly as rough around the edges as it used to be, but she has a sharp corner or two. #BassBoat maybe??? :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #816
Having a slight hiccup with either ignition or fuel. I'll dig into it more when I get a chance, but in the mean time....enjoy.

www.youtube.com/embed/Ir33r7Qhno4

Turbotalon1G-I'm on a Precision billet converter now as I swapped over to a 2G auto trans. Trevor at Hollands performance spec'd it out for me and I have no complaints on it.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
So much drool and want. Congrats man. It seems like the PI converter is really working well for you. Thoughts so far now that you've had it for awhile?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #820
I'm glad I picked it up from Trevor at Hollandsperformance. We spoke about the setup in detail as well as the weight of the car. He nailed it on the first try and I am pretty happy with it.

Slip doesn't seem to be an issue at all with the power its making and cruising it on the freeway for over 45 minutes is the only issue I can think of. The fluid temps can get up to 200* with a single medium sized oil cooler, on a 90 degree day.

I can double up the oil coolers, but its not a huge issue for me.

I am very happy with the setup and with the numbers the car is putting down, with race weight still around 3275/3280, give or take a few tacos.

801 - 820 of 838 Posts