DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

821 - 838 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
So you think with a large oil cooler and maybe a puller fan it'd be a little bit more manageable while cruising? I only ask because I will most likely need to go with a PI converter for my street Talon, but don't want to have something I can't take on a trip from NC to OH for the shoot out, or just in general something I can't get in and drive anywhere I want.

I think I'll talk to Trevor as well and see what he can work his magic with. Love my Auto DSMs.

Also, just know that the faster you get the more it pisses off the auto haters. Love it! :p

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #823
Went [email protected] last weekend. Had to lift at the 8.2 second mark according to the log which was passed the 1000ft marker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtHpGQ0nrm8

Mods done from the [email protected] till now are; rear bumper diffusers, rear toe eliminators (washers provided by Tyler Diaz), adjustable upper control arms in rear with toe set near 0* and camber set to -.05 in the rear (most we could adjust).

So I guess all these mods to the rear of the car helped some. The car goes straight now on a launch, but we tested and adjusted the car at an 1/8th mile no prep air strip a few weeks before Sacramento. Got the rear shocks dialed in and the car hookin and rolling out smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #828 (Edited)
Should be running after throwing a rod on August 21st, 2015. Just gotta drop in the 2.1, tune, and oh ya, see how the switch back to race gas goes....or not.

Lets just say the 2.0 did not like 56psi without a fill. The 2.1 is half filled, and I am now on a full slick. Oh ya, also had the roll cage re-certified as its been well over 3 years since it went in. Time flies folks, hang on to what matters!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ted! I have got to make it up from Fresno someday and see you race this damn car!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ted! you still around?!

I'd love to pick your brain on driveline questions. Been 7 years since I raced the car and I'm bringing mine back from the land of jackstands. Doing some upgrades this winter. Been out of the game for waayy to long to know what's what anymore.

Cheers.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #832
Ted! you still around?!

I'd love to pick your brain on driveline questions. Been 7 years since I raced the car and I'm bringing mine back from the land of jackstands. Doing some upgrades this winter. Been out of the game for waayy to long to know what's what anymore.

Cheers.
Still here Colin!

Took a couple years off myself, had to focus a bit on life and other things, but I'm back as well. Just been keeping tabs on things and watching the scene slowly get dumbed down a bit.

Going to try and put some more interior back in, and go quicker than 9.00 with an exhaust. What happened to the days of good old forum communication? Where did Fast with Class go???

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good to hear. Yeah I've been gone from the forums basically for 6 years or so now. Just seemed torture to keep watching everyone else run their cars when I couldn't run mine. Had two kids, built a new house. Life got in the way, no money or time for the car.
Seems everything died off in the interim. Ghost town in here now.

Wife and the kids bought me a new race helmet and gave me $ towards fixing the transmission. Have the blessing to go racing again which is nice.

What if any upgrades have you done to front or rear cv axles? I'm still on stockers and know its likely a ticking timebomb. Thinking of just upgrading to the dss rear bar upgrade. Not sure if I can get away with that or not.
Tcase was still stock. So I'm saving my $ for a Boostin Performance 300m shaft and upgraded billet mid section replacement.

Trans wise, I need to weld my center diff, Pretty sure that's what helped take the trans out. spit out all the little spider gear washers into little fragments that went through the trans. Going to get the 6disc front clutch upgrade from Kiggly and the rebuild kit from IPT. Looking at having my gears treated while they are out. Have a 2nd 1g auto that has been apart for years still sitting on the shelf so might send in two full sets of gears to get treated so that I have a spare set ready to go in case of breakage.

What's your driveline setup like now? I know your running far more turbo and power than I am. Still on a 2.4L FP3 cam FP 3586HTA turbo 3.5 in exhaust setup. Hoping for low 10's high 9's if I can get it tuned and dialed in right.

Any recommendations?

What the fuck happened to your RH frame section?! Did that tear?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #834
Good to hear. Yeah I've been gone from the forums basically for 6 years or so now. Just seemed torture to keep watching everyone else run their cars when I couldn't run mine. Had two kids, built a new house. Life got in the way, no money or time for the car.
Seems everything died off in the interim. Ghost town in here now.

Wife and the kids bought me a new race helmet and gave me $ towards fixing the transmission. Have the blessing to go racing again which is nice.

What if any upgrades have you done to front or rear cv axles? I'm still on stockers and know its likely a ticking timebomb. Thinking of just upgrading to the dss rear bar upgrade. Not sure if I can get away with that or not.
Tcase was still stock. So I'm saving my $ for a Boostin Performance 300m shaft and upgraded billet mid section replacement.

Trans wise, I need to weld my center diff, Pretty sure that's what helped take the trans out. spit out all the little spider gear washers into little fragments that went through the trans. Going to get the 6disc front clutch upgrade from Kiggly and the rebuild kit from IPT. Looking at having my gears treated while they are out. Have a 2nd 1g auto that has been apart for years still sitting on the shelf so might send in two full sets of gears to get treated so that I have a spare set ready to go in case of breakage.

What's your driveline setup like now? I know your running far more turbo and power than I am. Still on a 2.4L FP3 cam FP 3586HTA turbo 3.5 in exhaust setup. Hoping for low 10's high 9's if I can get it tuned and dialed in right.

Any recommendations?

What the fuck happened to your RH frame section?! Did that tear?
Front axles are still stock. The right one however is a parts store replacement. Rear axles are still stock, however I had the DSS axle bar upgrade, ended up snapping that too. I WAS going to drop an 8.8 in the car, have it all built up and ready to drop in, but ended up getting a 3000gt rear diff through a friend of my friend Tom up in Washington.

I still weld the center diffs if you need one done. I have spares ready to weld up and ship out. Let me know if you need any auto parts. I am trying to thin out my stock as I am slowly upgrading the things that keep breaking :)

I am running a TMZ 300M gearset in the tcase, 2G auto with a Precision converter I had gone through by bradco, straight cut gearset, 6 disc front clutch, all kiggly mods, shift kit, ratchet shifter, heafty sized oil cooler for transmission, dss aluminum driveshaft, thats pretty much it.

Shoot, recently took the car out to a TnT and was dialing in the tune on the Haltech. Had the car trapping 142.9 1st pass with the street tune. Pulled half a degree of timing and it went 142.4mph. Was going to launch it, but it was soooo damn packed at the track, with so many break downs, I couldnt get a launch in.

I'll be leaving that for next time out I guess.

I gotta get back into the swing of updating these forums. Been a pain in the ass with the new password setup on this forum. I think I reset it every time I try to post something new here, the struggle.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #835

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #836

Finnaly hit it. The setup is basically the same as it was in the past. Low compression wiseco HD pistons, 85.5mm, 150mm standard rod length RnR rods, 2G trans, Precision converter, 300m Tcase shaft from TMZ, stock rear diff and axles, GTX42r, unported 2G head, Haltech elite 2500, Pump E85, spray only till the 330' marker, exhaust, 3200lb race weight.

821 - 838 of 838 Posts